Yes! List making. I heart list making. Especially list making about things that I can do for myself.
But I want to touch on a sentiment that SBB made in her prompt – we often get into ruts – comforting, familiar ruts. Yes, we’re in a groove, but sometimes that groove isn’t what is right, best, optimal, or healthy. We have to get outside of our own heads once in a while to take stock of where we are headed – get off the autopilot and actively assess whether the activities we are doing, the way we are living are honoring the way we want to live our lives.
Sometimes with that autopilot comes surviving from day to day and not taking a moment to sip a cup of coffee, give thanks for what we have, and to thing of one extra thing that we could do or add to our day that adds value and meaning for ourselves. My favorite indulgence, my favorite thing that I like to do for myself is to get up early and have time alone to drink a cup of coffee and write. I naturally wake up around 4:00 a.m. and when I don’t wake up early and sleep in, I usually wake up in a bit of a groggy haze. But a 4:00 a.m. wake up – that’s my bread and butter….or my coffee and cream.
With that…10 things I can do for myself:
- Get up early to write and drink coffee
- My daily PT core work. Nope, not my most favorite thing ever, but I feel accomplished when it is done. And when I get on a streak, I feel pretty freaking powerful with how I am able to perform.
- Running. Duh.
- Yoga. Oh my gosh. I have caught the yoga bug. Hard. I’m trying how to best fit this into my daily or nearly daily routine.
- Having my smoothie for lunch. Man, I feel so healthy when I drink it. And it fills me up and takes away the beastly hunger.
- Spend time, unplugged and without distractions, with my husband.
- Call my mom and my dad.
- Even though this relates to #6, it is different and distinct – watch our Netflix shows in bed with my husband.
- Read books! And magazines!
- Knit, sew, craft in general!